Sunday, March 11, 2012

Survival Day One

Day One of the Zombie takeover.
It appears that Paris is now under the control of the Umbrella Corporation. 
There are few humans left. All seem to be infected with the T-Virus... 

Okay, sorry, I have always wanted to write that. (That is for you Ava!)

Back to business. So I have arrived in Paris safe and sound. It appears as if this city has already chewed me up and spit me back out. My flight out of ATL was delayed by about 45 minutes. The flight wasn't too bad. It was about what I expected. Food was okay. I watched two movies on the plane. Well actually one and a half, as I did not get to finish the last one. I saw "Puss in Boots" and a little over half of "Moneyball". Puss in Boots was really cute cartoon. I have heard of Moneyball before, but didn't know what is was about. I watched the trailer and it seemed really good, plus it has Brad Pitt. I do not typically enjoy baseball, but that movie was really really good! I hope to be able to finish watching it sometime in the future. It was kind of a modern day "Major League", except it lacked "Wild Thing". Brad Pitt does a really good job! I didn't sleep much on the plane. Maybe two or three hours. At this point I have really lost the concept of time. I am not even sure if this side of the country abides by the whole daylight savings time thingy.



When I finally got to Paris, I got through customs okay. I got out of the airport okay and found my way onto the Metro (subway). The doors opened, I sat down, and then it hit me...

Ahhh the smell of public transportation, how I have missed you. I must say that taking the Metro into Paris is not the most glamorous thing. If you want that first site of Paris to be awe-inspiring and jaw dropping, take a cab. The Metro takes you right through the slums and straight through to the city. It took about 30 minutes or so for me to get to my stop. Now this is where all of the fun begins...not! After about 30 minutes of walking around, I managed to find an exit to the street. Busy, busy, busy street. Lots of people, cars, buses, etc. I had my map, with directions, on how to get to my apartment but it did not do me much good. You see, maps and directions are only good if you know where you are. I did not. I walked around for about 45 minutes trying to figure out where I was. I finally asked someone, and they were kind enough to point me in the right direction.



Once I found out where I was, it became a breeze. Took me about 15 minutes (walking) to get to my apartment. I am here now. The woman whom I am renting it from is very nice. She gave me some "fresh out the oven" chocolate cake. Oh.My.Goodness. It was amazing! The apartment is very nice, just as expected! I believe it is about 5 or 6 pm here and I am dog tired. I initially planned on going out to see the Eiffel Tower tonight, but that is going to have to wait. I am going to try to stay up a few more hours and then go to sleep. Hopefully, I will have better luck with Paris tomorrow. :)

Oh, and P.S.
Even thought I am typing this in English, my blog account admin is currently being displayed (to me) in French. Actually it bounces back between English and French. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow. I always wanted to go there. Hope you get to see everything you want. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't think Europe does daylight savings. Arizona doesn't. I know, wtf? Right? Glad you are ok and survived! GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about some pics of things we can't see at home... I know there's a place in France where the naked ladies dance. I've been hearing about them since third grade. ;D
    Seriously, have a good time. Be safe, and hurry back, slacker. There's work waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys and girls! I also found out that Europe does do daylight savings time, but not at the same time as US. (Get it? US?) Lol! Their daylight savings won't happen until the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smooth trip and chocolate cake at the end?? Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of you but will be following your entire visit. Please tell me you didn't go alone! Have I not raised you right?? Love you and miss you! Enjoy Paris for me! Betty Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it there safely.. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete