Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 2 - Barcelona



March 13, 2012
Well let's see...

  • I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to catch my plane; I made it. 
  • Good flight. I arrived in Barcelona just fine.
At this point I feel very obligated to mention how bad my feet hurt! They are still swollen from yesterdays walk in Paris. (And yes, I do have very good shoes.) They are like kankles swollen. I can feel the pain in every muscle fiber from the knee down. (This might of helped when I took anatomy. It would of been so much easier to learn the muscle system when they are ripping apart in my legs.) Wow-zer! I am limping on both legs. Yeah, go ahead and imagine that. To top it off, I have a blister the size of my right pinky toe, covering my right pinky toe. (i.e. My entire right pinky toe is one big ol' blister.) Why on earth is my spell check saying that pinky is not a word. I suppose they would rather me use phalanges. Really spell check...? Oh yeah, back to Barcelona. My day pretty much went down hill fell off a steep cliff with no parachute from here.
  • Spent about 2 wonderful hours in the airport trying to figure out how to get the hell out of there and into Barcelona.
  • Got on a bus, ended up in Park Guell. It was stop number one on my list. 

  • After Park Guell, I went down the street to find a bus to catch to the next place. 
  • Never found a bus, but did however find some ice cream. 
For whatever reason, one of the things I love to do in other countries is to eat their ice cream. It is different every where I go. Flavors are brought out in so many different ways. Yum!
  • After about 2 hours of wondering and bus riding, I made it to the next stop La Sagrada Familia. It is a church.
  • Next stop, I wanted to go to Casa Batllo. However it was the same ol' story, I could not seem to manage to get there. Barcelona, my fri-enemy, this is not cool. 
  • I finally made it, but they charged to get it, and there was a long line. Here are pictures of the outside.

  • At this point I am so discouraged, pissed that I can't find my way around, and every so throbbing feet, I threw my hands in the air and said, "I'm DONE with you Barcelona! I'm D-O-N-E." 
  • I did not care that still had several hours left, I am going back to the airport.
  • Here is me at the airport 4 and a half hour early for my flight. I know I am smiling, but don't let it fool you. I am very tired and very sore. I am just happy to be headed back to Paris. Goodbye Barcelona, you were not all that people claimed you were...

4 comments:

  1. you go girl!! and no matter if it was good or bad these are things you will never see here in the states and memories for a lifetime!!! love aunt J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It has been a blast. I will be back, no doubt in my mind.

      Delete
  2. I told you to exercise with me before your trip!! Glad you are enjoying yourself - great pics - do I sense scrapbook fever coming on??!! lol! Oh, and that last building in Barcelona we totally studied in Interior Design class...I'm gonna need you to go back and get pics of the inside!! Soak your feet in cold water for 10 minutes, then warm/hot-ish water for awhile - it will help! Miss you! GG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww man, sorry I did not go in. I might have been more inclined if I had know that.

      Delete