Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 4 - Back in Paris - Part Two

March 15, 2012

Last stop for the day, Montmartre. This Paris district is uniquely located on top of a hill. Montmartre is home to the famous Moulin Rouge, Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (Basilica of the Scared Heart), and Place de Tertre. If you want to get there, here is how:
Hahahahahaha! Yeah right...
This is how I got there:
Once at the top, the Basilique du Sacre Cloeur is in view. This Roman Catholic church is dedicated to the sacred heart of Jesus.

From here you have a beautiful view of Paris!

I decided to wonder around for a bit, and saw some pretty cool things! This part of Paris is the night scene and has a lot of souvenir shops. I actually wonder down into an interesting part of town known as Quartier Pigalle (last picture below). This street was packed with people. Shops were lined up and down both sides of the street. Funny thing is that all of the shops were either sex shops or strip joints. Remember when I used the word "interesting"? Now you know why. Haha. When I first wondered on to the street I thought to myself, "How cool! Crowded shopping street all lit up." Then I saw the first sex shop, and then the next, and next. I thought "Oh boy, I am in trouble. Where in the hell am I?" The street seemed safe, but unsafe at the same time. It was quit strange. It is one of those things you just have to be there to understand.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear...I hope you didn't do all your souvenir shopping at one sex shop! LOL! GG

    ReplyDelete